Alpha Sigma Mu is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation registered in the State of Ohio. It is also a member in good standing of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Per the Constitution, the Board of Trustees consists of the current officers of the Society, the Past President, and up to 10 additional Trustees. Contact information for the current officers is available on the “contact us” page.
Current Board of Trustees (Updated February 2018)
- President: Joseph Newkirk, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Vice President: Diana Lados, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Secretary/Treasurer: Walter Milligan, Michigan Technological University
- Past President: Fred Schmidt, Consultant
- Trustee: Iver Anderson, Ames National Laboratory
- Trustee: Christopher Berndt, Swinburne University of Technology
- Trustee: Peter Collins, Iowa State University
- Trustee: Margaret Flury, Medtronic
- Trustee: Mark Smith, Sandia National Laboratory
- Trustee: George Vander Voort, Consultant