Alpha Sigma Mu is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) organization chartered in the State of Ohio. It is also a member in good standing of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Per the Constitution, the Board of Trustees consists of the current officers of the Society, the Past President, and up to 10 additional Trustees. Contact information for the current officers is available on the “contact us” page.
Current Board of Trustees (Updated September 2017)
- President: Joseph Newkirk, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Vice President: George VanderVoort, Consultant
- Secretary/Treasurer: Walter Milligan, Michigan Technological University
- Past President: Fred Schmidt, Consultant
- Trustee: Iver Anderson, Ames National Laboratory
- Trustee: Christopher Berndt, Swinburne University of Technology
- Trustee: Margaret Flury, Medtronic
- Trustee: Diana Lados, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Trustee: Mark Smith, Sandia National Laboratory
- Trustee: Raghu Srinivasan, Wright State University